Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to our little Nate!

Sunday was Nate's first birthday and we loved singing Happy Birthday to him and we laughed a lot as we remembered every little detail about that night/day/2weeks in the hospital.  He is a special little boy.

So, if you haven't seen him in a while, here's what he's like at age 1:

He loves clapping (especially when watching football), dancing, motioning "come here" or "I want that," laughing, and going outside.  He loves waving hello and goodbye to everyone.  My favorite is every time we pass a mirror, he has to wave at himself.  He's not walking yet, but getting closer.  He'll walk around holding a finger and he's tried a few time to take steps, but I think he just gets impatient because he's such a speedy crawler.  He loves taking things out of their containers and putting them back in or getting in himself.  It's amazing what he can fit in--boxes, bowls, corners, shelves.  He loves giving loves and we love getting loves from him. He still has an obsession with computers, phones, and cameras.  Both our laptops have suffered from his obsession. My keyboard is currently missing the "B" key and the I just sort of fixed the "H" key and the space bar.  My next job is to fix the CD thing, which he ripped off the other day.  No matter where we put it, he finds a way to get to the computer.  He loves to climb and he is fearless. He's a goof and cheeser and he's so much fun.
He doesn't like going to bed. That may be the only thing he doesn't like.

He is a joy to have in our family.  

We celebrated his birthday with a little monster theme party.  It was fun to have some friends over and to celebrate.  Sunday we opened gifts and chatted with family all day :)  That's another thing he loves, Skyping, he has to have the computer on his lap too when talking to someone. 

Here are a few pictures of his big day:

Good mornin' Birthday Boy!

I'm so disappointed in myself, I forgot to take a picture of the cake!  I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but it was a cute blue monster.

Hmmmm, what is this?
"You want me stick my fingers in that blue stuff?"
A little unsure still

 
 He never really got too into the cake.  I had this vision of him digging in and going crazy and getting blue all over and loving it...but alas, he took only a bite or two.
I also forgot to take a picture of all my monster cupcakes!  There were more, but at least there was one left so you could see :)


These are the presents that we gave him.  He doesn't looked THRILLED in the video...but he was.  He loves his new birthday toys.  He also got some fun stuff from Grandmas and Grandpas :)

Okay... So I was REALLY proud of myself for making these mouths.  Maybe it was way too much work for how little they were actually used, but I'm saving them forever because I thought they turned out so dang cute :)

And here are the cutest little monsters.  We're glad Nate has cousins so close.


The birthday turned out great.  I know he won't remember his first birthday, but it was fun to celebrate anyways.  We are so blessed to have him and can't wait for many more birthdays to celebrate our Nate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment