Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Hobbies of a 1 year old Boy

Our Nate is quite the boy.  He's such a busy kid.  Today especially I was impressed at how much he accomplished.  

Here is a list of what he did in just one day:

  • Climbed the desk and knocked my computer off to play with all the pens, pencils, scissors, and glue sticks
  • Climbed the dresser to get to my make-up.  Dumped my blush/bronzer powder all over the floor.
  • Found the chair close to the "pantry" (a bookshelf with food on it) and poured the crackers out.
  • Found the pack of wipes open and began gleefully pulling the entire package out one wipe at a time.
  • Climbed the toilet to the bathroom counter and sink to get to my toothbrush and chewed it till it was dripping with Nate slobber.
  • Managed to poke me in the eye with his toe...how did that even happen?
  • Went to the doctor and got 4 shots, plus a blood draw.
  • Discovered the bottom/underneath part of the fridge.
  • Found the card games and emptied the boxes.
  • Opened the oven, climbed on top, and took out two of the stove's heating units.
  • On the brighter side...He took tons of steps today.  He's finally truly attempting to walk! 

This sweet little boy is very busy and keeps me busy as well.  But it's hard to get mad at such a sweet boy, who when he senses the least bit of frustration in me, he looks up and smiles or throws out a giggle squeal.  He is anxious to learn, how can I get mad about that? However, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to get serious about toddler-proofing my home, but with a climber, will it really do much?  
Haha, I truly do love this life and I love that little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment