Saturday, October 27, 2012

Recent Fun Stuff

This post is going to be pretty random.  There's not much of a story to any of it, other than I had a few cute pictures I wanted to share and I'm really proud of my recent cooking accomplishments :) So enjoy a moment of random bits from our life.

 Nate LOVES going down slides.  He'll climb his way up and go down on his belly.  This particular playground is pretty high and that slide is mega steep (I even get a little nervous going down myself). So we don't let him go alone on this one, but he squeals the entire way down.




 Outdoor screen showing a family movie.  
We caught only the end of a Bugs Bunny film.  But it was fun to be outside and we got free hot chocolate :)


 (Nate's eyes are a little creepy here.) 
I have to confess...we didn't go to a pumpkin patch.  I just wanted it to look like we did.  So I saw this wagon of pumpkins and took a picture :)  Pumpkin patch will have to wait till next year.



Shopping at Target
These stuffed toys are $20. If they were $5, I would have gotten him one for his birthday because he was in love. Since we already got him a cool gift for his birthday, I resisted. He was hugging both Spiderman and Batman as if they were his favorite people in the world. This kid has no toys or anything related to either one, this was his first exposure to both.  How is it that boys are just naturally obsessed with these two super guys?


Eggs in a basket...pumpkin shaped style. 


This dinner was a major success.  We had our friends over and I made a copycat Olive Garden recipe of the Zuppa Toscano Soup (thanks to my sister Kirsten for the recipe.)  I also made homemade french bread (which by the way is super easy and super yummy.)  Call me crazy for photographing my food...but I was happy it turned out!


 And of course, the temple, instagram style.  Sorry that tree is right there, but I took the picture from where our car was parked.  It was awesome to go to the temple with my favorite person ever, Steve.  It such a wonderful thing to be able to go and enjoy the peaceful spirit there.  And the grounds are GORGEOUS this time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment