Friday, September 7, 2012

Steve's Call back interveiws

Steve has been interviewing like a crazy man for internships for next summer.  This internship is super important because it will most likely become our first job.  That first job has the potential to be our home for a huge important chunk of our lives, possibly the rest of our lives.  So, this is a big deal!  So far he's had 5 call back interviews!  These aren't offers yet, but they're an important step in that direction.  I don't remember the names of all the firms, so I'll just talk about the locations :)

We could end up in:

Washington DC!

I know that's not much of a surprise.  We live there now and it seems to be the place to be for a lawyer.  Steve has 3 call back interviews with firms here in the DC area.  We actually love love love it here.  So this is a definite possibility. The distance from family is THE only thing we don't like. We're glad we have Dave and Nikki!

Charlotte, NC

We've never been there, but isn't that picture nice?  It looks pretty.  The thing I like about this firm is they are flying ME there too for the interview.  I won't be part of the interview, but I will get to go to dinner the evening before.  Steve's cousin Clayton and his wife Amber live there.  They LOVE it.  It'll be fun to see them when we go next week.  Wahoo, free vacation!

Irvine, California

Steve is actually on an airplane, right now as I'm typing this, coming home from his interview today with Jones Day in California.  It's super close to his Aunt Peggy, who I totally adore. I've never really wanted to end up in California.  But I think I might actually like it.  It's closer to home. It's by the beach :) And not all Californians wear short shorts, v-necks, and have long bleached wavy hair. I think Nate will turn out great even in California :)  I'm not making fun of CA, I'm making fun of myself for ever believing that everyone from CA was a crazy beach bum. 

Arizona

Steve worked at a firm called Booth Udall this last summer in Tempe and absolutely loved it! He loved the people he worked with and everything about the firm. Although he hasn't received an "official offer" from them.  They've told him he can work there again.  So, this is a huge possibility.  I think we want to end up there, whether that's in 2 years or 10 years, we'll see.

  We'll see what the Lord has in store for us.  We are being prayerful and want to go where the Lord wants us to go.  These may not be our only options either.  Steve is still waiting on 10 more firms to either call him back or reject him. 

It's kind of scary being in big kid world and having to make big kid decisions about our life!   

3 comments:

  1. Haha, it is kind of scary! We could end up in Dallas, TX, Kansas City, MO, Florida, Cali, Arizona, or Utah...who knows?! Good luck to Steve! And good luck to you, too...it is just as hard on the wifey not knowing where you will end up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it!!! I HATE making decisions! I'm pretty much the worst decision maker ever.... But anyways, how exciting for you guys! I know that wherever you end up, you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey janae! great options. glad yall love dc so much! glad steves fami is in arizona. i am from charlotte. well kinda- i moved there 10th grade my parents live in a sc suburb called fort mill right now. we r there 2x a yr probably. id be happy to end up there. we r lovin tampa and woudl love to stay here forever too though. let me knwo if you have any quetioins abt charlotte that steves fam cant answer maybe abt sc suburbs

    ReplyDelete