Saturday, September 22, 2012

We LOVE company!

We were so lucky to have TWO people stay with us recently. And we loved it! First was our good friend Amy McVey.  She's awesome.  I've always loved that girl. She was visiting for a little vacation and stayed with us for a couple of nights.  Nate couldn't get enough of her or her suitcase and was sad when she didn't come back. My favorite part of her visit would have to be when we met up with Ginny and Caitlyn at Bobby's Burger Palace.  Now if you don't know Ginny or Caitlyn or Amy...you are missing out.  These girls rock. Ginny and Caitlyn were my roommates right before Steve and I got married and now we all live here.  Amy lived downstairs from us and was roommates with Mel, Steve's sister.  So, we were all buddies :)  Wanna see a picture of these lovely people?  Okay.



Our second visitor was the following week and it was Andrew, Steve's mission buddy.  They actually didn't serve together for very long at all, but they know all the same people and have translated for General Conference together.  Andrew is a way cool guy.  He was here interviewing with Georgetown for medical school.  The best part of his visit was this:

We went to Steve's favorite place, the Indonesian restaurant.  These two were like giddy little boys as they ordered and ate their favorite Indonesian dishes.  It was fun seeing them get all excited and tell stories from their missions. This food is growing on me :)  I liked it the first time I tried it, I liked it better the second time, and now I love it.  I should trey and make it some day.

We enjoyed having these people stay with us.  SO....anyone who lives far and wants to come visit, I'll write an entire blog post about how much I love you if you come and stay with us :) We love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment