Monday, November 4, 2013

Primary Singing Lady

Well friends, I am excited to announce that I have been given a new job in the church.  I have been called to be the Primary Music Leader.  I know it's funny imagining me up there pretending to know what I'm doing, so go ahead, I will allow you to chuckle for a minute. 

I just have to say that I am really excited for it.  At first I was a bit overwhelmed at even knowing how to prepare for it.  I've never had a primary calling.  Guys, I haven't been to primary since I was 12 years old.  I am now 27 years old.  So...I was terrified.  Yesterday was my first day and it was okay.  It wasn't awesome (it actually was kind of a disaster) but it's not the end of the world!  And I was thinking about the quote:

"What e'er thou art, act well thy part"

K, I love that quote.  And my new interpretation of it for this time of my life is:  

"What e're thy calling, rock it" 

So, I'm going to do my very best and I'm going to rock my singing lady calling :) 

I welcome any ideas and prayers from you people!

3 comments:

  1. No laughing here! You will be amazing at that calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey janae! You will do fabulously at this calling. I was the primary director for 2 years and its all about energy! Keep it up! You've posted some fun ideas on pinterest I've noticed, they will help. I loved the crazy chorister blog--she had some fun ideas if you haven't looked ye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry... Yet. Use lots of pictures and lots of actions with the littlest ones. Give challenges to the older ones. Adapt when necessary :) just be confident and they will follow. Good luck!

    Tiffany (Murri) sackley

    ReplyDelete