Monday, February 13, 2012

Soups

I am falling in love with soup.  Seriously, I love making soup because it's easy.  I love eating soup because it's warm.  I love cleaning up soup because it's just a big pot.  I love soup because it's super healthy (unless it's a creamy soup which is so good who cares if it's not healthy). I love soup because it makes my house smell like I've just made something amazing.  I just really like soup. 



So, I decided to try a new recipe yesterday and we made lentil soup.  It turned out really good.  I have never cooked with lentils before and I love them!  It's like beans that cook really fast instead of having to soak them overnight :)  Cool.  Plus the only unhealthy thing in there is salt.  So, if you're looking for a good winter meal, try it. It's good.  And I put way more spinach in there than it called for and I'm SO glad I did.  YUM!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh yes...the recipe...it's linked to the words "lentil soup" in the post. Enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. We have loved taco soup at our house lately!! But my favorite soup--Chicken, in chicken broth (I usually just boil the chicken to get the broth). Carrots, onions, celery, and any other veggie I happen to have on hand that sounds good like mushrooms. Then just 5 minutes before taking it off the stove, I put in lots of shredded cabbage. I love it!! So here is an new soup you can try!

    ReplyDelete