Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dinner differences

Back in the day of my single life I ate one of 6 options for dinner:
  • Sandwich (tuna, turkey, or grilled cheese),
  • Chicken cooked on George Foreman grill,
  • Pasta,
  • Quesadillas, 
  • Rice-a-roni, or
  • a plate full of broccoli, zucchini, or carrots
I was never good at have a balanced meal.  It was 2 sandwiches or a pot full of rice, or a plate full of veggies (smothered in cheese of course), or anything else that I could whip up real quick.  

Since then I am proud to say I try and make actual meals.  I'm blessed to have a husband that likes everything and never gets tired of the same old stuff.  But I really have enjoyed making MEALS.  And I've realized that cooking really isn't even that hard!  Just go to cooks.com or allrecipes.com, browse, buy ingredients, follow directions, and ta-da: a masterpiece!

The reason I'm writing this is because here I am sitting on the floor next to a sleeping baby at 7:15 pm eating a tuna fish sandwich with cottage cheese and apple sauce.  Steve has a dinner thing at school today with some law firm interested in potential intellectual property guys (like Steve). So, here I am reminiscing my dinners from back then.  And you know what...the tuna sandwich tastes AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment