Saturday, September 17, 2011

Recent Random Happenings

  • We got a new desk!  It looks beautiful too, by the way.  Now I feel productive just sitting there. Was it a deal?  Why yes!  We got it for $99 originally $180. We almost bought a dinky one from target for $99...good thing we searched a little longer.
  • We made pizza and it was SO good!  Thank you allrecipes.com for your pizza crust recipe!
  • Steve and I read a book together.  We got really excited about it too, so every night before bed we'd read for a while.  I highly recommend the book.  It's called "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet".  I enjoyed it.
  • We got library cards!
  • We played Yahtzee last night and a miracle happened:

I actually got a Yahtzee!!!!!  

And then I got a second Yahtzee!!!

And by golly...I actually got a third Yahtzee!!!  Yup, that's right THREE Yahtzees in a single game.  I think I've only gotten a Yahtzee like one other time in my entire life. 
Steve also played well ;)
  •  Steve read Angels and Demons in 3 days....while going to law school.  I don't understand how his brain can handle it... I started the Undaunted the same day and am only on page 45 and I don't have school....  
  • We organized all our paper stuff in a file drawer and feel like grown ups now
  • We put stuff up on our walls!
  • I found out that Bed Bath and Beyond has another store...a BABY store called BuyBuyBaby.  And you can use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons AND giftcards there.  Saving our giftcard money finally paid off we were able to get our carseat/stroller at BuyBuyBaby :)  Plus it's a jogging stroller too. And my sister in law, Nikki, gave me a 20% off coupon...so it was a great deal and it was free!  Kind of free...thank you everyone who gave us giftcards for our wedding. Cool.
  • I saw the biggest spider ever as I walked to the metro station.  I wanted to call over all the strangersand have them take a look.   

  • I actually watched America's Got Talent and really enjoyed it.  I'm glad that Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. won....that guy is awesome.
  • I'm going to start working!  Kind of for my Dad....but more for his office (I feel like less of a moocher if I say for his office).  I'll be trained over the computer and it will be medical records stuff that I can do all the way over here for all the doctors in the office. 
  • We started a puzzle that we work on when we watch more episodes of the Dick Van Dyke Show (our favorite)...so far we have the border...that's it :)
And....that's about all the randomness I can think up right now :)  To sum it up---We couldn't be happier!  Life is exciting and we consider each day a new adventure.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment