Saturday, September 17, 2011

I love the way the Lord works!

I went to two of my three doctors this last week and couldn't help but feel so grateful for them.  When we moved here I was a bit scared about finding good doctors and all right in the middle of my pregnancy.  I got connected with the Fetal Heart Coordinator (she's like my new best friend) who has hooked me up with 3 of the best doctors in DC (which pretty much qualifies them for best in the nation.)  These three doctors (OB, Perinatalogist, and Fetal Cardiologist) work together and are brilliant.  They make me feel so comfortable and they explain things so well!  I really believe that part of the Lord's plan in having us come out here to Virginia was to give us access to these amazing doctors and the incredible facilities they have.  It's a blessing!

I am so ready for our little man to come.  I'm at 33, almost 34 weeks now!  That's approaching just around the corner, so close, but still a good solid month ahead of us.  Not to get all cheesy, but it's such an incredible thing to have a little body inside. The doctors said he's a pretty squirmy one, which is not news for me.  He constantly is kickboxing, swimming, stretching, who knows what this kid is doing, but if you watch my tummy for any given 5 minute period, you're guaranteed to see some movement.  It amazes me that there is a child in there, and it amazes me the closeness I feel to him already.  He is a special baby and although I'm a little terrified of certain things, I'm SO anxious to have this child in my arms and a part of my family.

As for his heart update, it's growing.  His valves especially have grown in the last month.  They are catching up to the rest of his heart.  Miracle?  Most definitely!!!  He still has his aorta problem, but that's the easy part to fix :)  The doctor said that we really won't know anything for sure until he's born.  We can't even schedule the surgery till after he's born (we just know somewhere 2-5 days after birth) and the echocardiagram after birth will be the deciding factor.  But as of now, she predicts it won't be as bad as it could be.  I strongly believe it's a result of prayer and fasting!  Thank you everyone for your prayers, it means so much to us.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! We are thinking and praying for your family daily. Can't wait to see his Welcome to Earth pictures!!

    ReplyDelete