Monday, September 26, 2011

98th Percentile

Today at my appointment I learned that the little baby inside of me has a rather large head.  Last week he measured in the 86th percentile overall. This week he's in the 70th...all except his head which is in the 98th percentile.  He has a bigger head than 98% of other babies at 35 weeks! The first thing I pictured in my mind was a caricature drawing of our baby. You know what I'm talking about?  The pictures they draw to cartoon yourself and they always draw a teeny tiny little body with a gigantic head.... Kind of like this:


So then I googled "babies with head in 98th percentile" and looked at some images...and they all looked like cute normal looking babies.  So that was a bit of a relief, I don't think he'll have an alien head. But even if he does, I'll love every bit of his little body/big head combo :)  Guess he'll be super smart like his daddy :)

3 comments:

  1. Matea has a big head (98%) and she's pretty stinkin' cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that there is error in the ultrasound. When I was with the twins they actually said that even if baby A is bigger really with the error Baby B could be the bigger one. Can't wait to see pics of the real baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! This post made me laugh. I'm sure he will be super cute, even if his head is big. I think I've heard people say that kids grow into their heads just like they do their feet.

    ReplyDelete