Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My exciting bargain!

So, I have a REALLY hard time buying anything over $50.  Sometimes I like that, other times I don't because I seem to settle with lame stuff sometimes.  But when I find something worth more than $50, but I buy it cheaper, I dance around my house, go out on my balcony, and yell to the world that I just got a bargain!  That's a bit of an exaggeration, but that's honestly what I feel like doing!

So, let me share with you my latest deal.  We recently moved into a new apartment which I love.  We have pretty french doors that go to our awesome balcony.  But it's 4 doors wide and so I've been stuck on what I should do for curtains.  Buy FOUR panels?  Heck no, at $25 a piece, I just couldn't do it.  So I found some cheaper ones for $13 a piece, but they were boring.  Then I found some super great ones on clearance for $7.50 (normally $30!)  But there were only 2.  So I've been troubled.  Well, I just got an email from JcPenney (one of my all time favorite places to shop) which said, "Hey, we miss you! Here's 25% off your next purchase!"  Cool. So I go on over there and lo and behold the curtains are on mega sale THIS WEEK! I find these pretty babies:


Normally priced at $50 per panel!  Well, they were on sale for $15.  Already a sweet deal, but thank you to JCP emails, I got myself an extra 25% off!  So, I bought 4 panels and the total cost was $47.  I got $153 off.  You better believe I danced around for that one!!!!

Now I have to wait 4-7 days until I can go pick them up at the store because I'm too cheap to pay for shipping. I'm just hoping they look okay.  I'm a bit nervous that it'll be too busy with four panels...but we'll see!  Now, let's hope I can return the curtains I've already purchased and don't want anymore :)

Bargain shopping + coupons bring me so much JOY!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! We have been looking for curtains and they are so expensive. We have 9 foot ceilings so we have to buy them extra long. I thought about making some, but even home deco fabric is expensive! I need to look out for a deal like yours!

    ReplyDelete