Saturday, October 19, 2013

Our first real job

This is old news for some of you, but Steve has accepted a job for after graduation!  It was ridiculously difficult making a decision.  Steve was offered a spot at both the firm in AZ and the firm he worked for this summer here in DC.  

Decision making is, for some reason, REALLY hard for us.  Both of these firms were great choices for us and it was hard feeling good about just one because we wanted BOTH experiences!  Sometimes I wish Heavenly Father would just say, "Do this..." and I'd say with enthusiasm, "Alrighty!" and go and be obedient!  Easy cheesy.  Well, I know that I don't really want it to be like that.  I am grateful the Lord allows us to choose.  I don't think we'd ever learn anything if we didn't learn from our own experiences. I know the Lord guides us and sometimes He does it more strongly than others.  But I also thinks that he will support our decisions if he knows that our hearts are in the right place.  If the Lord knows that we are trying our best to serve him and do his will, he won't let us feel good about a wrong choice!  And we feel really good about the choice we've made, which is stay here in Virginia and work here.  I never thought that I'd come out east and then want to STAY here!  But we love it and we're excited to spend a little while longer here.  

So now that you all know we'll be here for at least a few more years, feel free to add a trip to DC to your calendars.  Our place is always open!  Oh, and the government is no longer shutdown so there's cool free things to do again!   


2 comments:

  1. Janae that's so exciting! I love the DC area too, I don't blame you for wanting to stay! I'll definitely have to come out there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! So exciting!! Congrats! I want to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete