Sunday, May 27, 2012

The small world we live in

I absolutely love those "It's a small world" moments.  It's awesome to me when you find connections or reconnect with people from a while back.  I've had those moments a lot in my life, and most come from associations in the church; and even more specifically BYU.

We are going to Arizona for the summer and didn't want to haul all our stuff or store it all and end our contract and all that mess.  So, thanks to the queen of connections (my sister-in-law, Nikki) we were able to get some guys to stay here.  Nikki's friend's fiance and his roommate from BYU needed a place for the summer during their summer internships.  Perfect! They came over yesterday to check the place out and lo and behold there at my doorstep is a friend of mine.  Crazy right?  We were in the MTC together and were friends after our missions.  I'm a little more comfortable giving our apartment to these boys now that I know they are good boys :)

Then today at church I saw a new couple.  As I saw her closer up I realized she's a friend of mine from BYU too!  She was in my sister's ward and I had met her several times years ago (like from 2005 or something).

Those are the 2 most recent ones, but so many small-world-moments have happened out here in Virginia.
I've heard that the DC area is like that and I'm loving experiencing it all the time :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the sublet worked out so well! And what a small world that you knew the other guy. So we didn't say an official goodbye--but I guess you guys are just on a little vacation. Enjoy! I like your family photo up top, by the way.

    ReplyDelete