Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Big Babies

So our new ward has more new babies than our BYU ward.  I don't know the number, but I've heard it's a ridiculous amount of new babies.  So we fit right in :)  I've also heard a rumor that the baby boys here have been large sized baby boys.  So jokingly people have warned me to prepare for a big baby.  Steve and I aren't big people, so I planned on a small little guy.  Well...I went to Washington Hosptial Center yesterday and met with my new OB doctor and also the Perinatalogist (2 of the 3 doctors I get to see twice a month--the other a fetal cardiologist) and they both said, "Wow...you've got yourself a good sized baby."  His development measures at 30 weeks and 6 days, but he's the size of a 33 wk/ 4 day baby.  They said he's about 4lbs 7oz and the growth from here is usually 1/2 lb per week...that makes him 9lbs something at his due date...yikes!   

They also told us that they'll probably want to induce so it's easier to get all the doctors together.  Since his heart issue needs to be taken care of almost immediately after birth, they want all the special people there.  How nice...I get to plan it ;)  So sometime between October 26 and November 2.  So as time gets closer we'll plan it all out. 

As for his heart, it's doing well!  I don't meet with the cardiologist for another 2 weeks and she's got details, but the perinatalogist said the left side seems to be gaining strength!  That's good!  So thank you everyone for your prayers and support!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Beckett. He was about a month early when they induced me and he weighed 8 lbs. He is now about 20 lbs at 4 1/2 months! Big babies are the best though. Not only do they give you big arm muscles, but they are happy and just so cute! Can't wait to hear more as it gets closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big babies are the best!! I am thinking ours is going to be pretty hefty! We are praying for his little heart and glad to hear you have so many great resources!

    ReplyDelete