Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduation Weekend!

Well we are college graduates and so happy about it!  It was fun to walk together and spend the weekend with our awesome families :)


 There we are ready to head out for day 1 of graduation.  We borrowed the caps and gowns from my cousin Dot and her husband Jonathan.  Mine fit perfectly and Steve's sleeves were a tad bit too short...but he still looked so good

 I'm in love with him if you can't tell :)

Steve's dream came true...walking where the basketball team walks 

Our cute supportive families.  The Merrills were there too, but a little further in the back so I didn't catch them on the camera. 

The padres y madres...what wonderful people!  It was so fun having them here with us.


Our caps are higher than the camera caught, but we're celebrating :) 

My dear friend Deena...miracle that we ran into each other! 

I love these people


It turned out to be such a fun weekend.  Thursday night we went to Texas Roadhouse with Kevin and Kay, Kaitlin and Jordan, Mom and Dad Merrill and Mel and Wilford, Mom and Dad Burrup, Jon and Nicole, and Laurel and Travis.  We had a great time and worked it with the host people to let us in on their busiest night ever.  I'm sure there was some firecode they were breaking with that many people waiting in there :)  

Friday evening we had a little barbecue out in our quad with both Burrups and Merrills....we should just all be one big happy family!  Hamburgers, bbq chicken, fruit salad, potato salad...it was good.  We set up the volleyball net and everyone played, even the moms :) Once it was dark we came inside and played games.  I loved it.  

Saturday we went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the Museum of Art.  It's a special exhibit and it was amazing.  I think our parents loved it too, which was good :)  I originally got a ton of tickets thinking a lot more would come, but it ended up just being our parents and us.  So, it was fun to give the tickets away to people who were waiting.  I gave some to my friend and he said it made his mom cry :)  Another lady was like, "OH MY GOSH!!!  It's my anniversary and this is what my husband wanted to do!!!"  Haha, maybe I'll always get extra tickets to things so I can make other people's days :)  

1 comment:

  1. congrats... that is exciting that you got to graduate together!

    ReplyDelete