Monday, July 8, 2013

Patriotic Festivities!

I have always LOVED the 4th of July.  And this year did not disappoint :)  We started the day off with a ward breakfast.  It was nice and relaxed and fun to see everyone in their Red White and Blue. 

Later that day Steve got some good playing time in with the kids while I went on a jog in the blazing heat with my friend Holly.  We're doing a 5K mud obstacle course in a few weeks so we gotta get ready!

Then Steve and I watched Mulan while we "cleaned the house" at least that was our plan.  Haha, we all say we'll do that, but who are we kidding?  The show sucked us in!  I love that movie!  And what's more patriotic than a woman saving her country and honoring her family?

We then headed to our friends' house for a barbecue.  Kelsey and I threw it together last minute and it turned out wonderful.  She's quite the talented party thrower. 

Here are all the kiddies.  They are cute, aren't they?

We headed to fireworks at the High School when it was time and miraculously found a really good spot.  The whole field was crammed with people and we found this nice little corner spot.  The firework show was incredible.  I was not expecting that great of a show, but it was awesome and lasted a long time.  

Nate did not like that fireworks at all.  Poor kid cried and covered his eyes the whole time.  I thought he'd love them, but I guess it was a little too much for a little boy staying up way past bed time.  Aubrey watched the fireworks and even seemed to enjoy it. We had a good time, aside from Nate's misery.



Nice pants, right?  Well, there's a story to them.  I made them in high school with a friend.  We made them for when we went to EFY during the week of the fourth.  Matching USA pants, we thought we were so cool :) Well I have worn them almost every year since (it was like 10 years ago I think).  I've missed a few years, but it's my little dorky tradition that I like.  I love my USA pants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment