Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas break: Arizona

Christmas started early for us!  Nate and I flew out to Arizona with Nikki, Hallie, and Annie on the 10th of December. We left Dave and Steve for a few days so they could finish up work/finals.  It was fun to be with the family and help get ready for Mel's wedding.  Steve, Dave, and the Provo boys met us in Mesa Thursday and the wedding festivities began!  But before I report on the beautiful bride and groom, I have some fun pictures from us playing at home :)


These three LOVED hanging out with Grandma.  We loved the nice  AZ weather and the kids had a blast.

Merrill cousins!

Nate became a full out walker while in Mesa.  

I love my boy.

He loved his Aunt Jenni lovin'

And his Aunt Em lovin' :)  



The wedding stuff began with the dinner the night before.  I ate the most tasty pot roast I've ever eaten in my life.  And it was no wimpy serving...half my plate was meat.  It was so good!

Stan's family created a beautiful program, with slideshows and all, and it was fun to meet Stan's family.  Mel married into a good family I think :)


Aww...they're cute right?


The brothers sang a song to Mel and Stan, clever words written by Mom Merrill herself.  It was a hit!

I always like seeing these two reunite :)


The wedding itself was beautiful.  The spirit was definitely there and sealer said some powerful things.  I love going to sealings!  It's an incredible experience to witness a couple being married for Time and All Eternity!

I love this Amy girl!

The Newest family!  








I thought this was a cute view :)  Mother and bride :)


Classy

Merrills getting the jobs done


Nate and I had a blast dancing it up.

The wedding turned out great.  It was fun to be with everyone. 

One not so happy part of our trip was Dad's appendicitis.  Yep, appendicitis.  The day after the wedding he was admitted to the hospital and had his appendix removed.  Luckily it was AFTER the wedding :) We got to visit him in the hospital right before heading to the airport.


We headed out Monday afternoon, which came way too quickly.  We're so glad that the timing of the wedding worked out so perfectly for us to be able to come!  It was fun to be with the family, even though it was short.  

No comments:

Post a Comment