Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home After Surgery

Nate is finally home after surgery!  What an incredible miracle that he recovered as quickly as he did.  Here's the timeline:

Born: October 28 

Open heart surgery: November 2 

Off the ventilator:  November 4

Learning to eat by mouth:  November 5

Moved from Cardiac ICU to the Step-down Unit: November 7

Sent home :) : November 9

 


The entire experience was incredible.  This little baby I think has gone through more in one week than I ever have in my 25 years of life.  Watching this sweet baby struggle after the surgery was the hardest thing for me!  I'm sure he won't remember it, but I believe it definitely has already begun to build his character.  He is a tough boy :)  He's also pretty patient and submissive.  I can already tell how determined of a person he'll be.  I believe even babies can have faith and he definitely exercised great faith during those few hard days.  He's already my little hero! 

1 comment:

  1. You sure do have a cutie on your hands! I'm so happy that he is finally home (even though I'm just now commenting on this a week later...). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete