Friday, November 18, 2011

Fry sauce please

I love Red Robin!  It's one of my favorite places to eat.  Last night was our last night with a Mom here to help us before we're on our own with Nate.  So Steve's mom let us go on a little date :)  And we chose to go to Red Robin.  Well, one reason I love it so much is the bottomless fries!  Those things are GOOD.  But in Utah, they always bring you that yummy fry sauce made of I don't even know, but it's yummy.  So last night we got our meals, but no sauce.  We asked the waitress for some fry sauce and she didn't really know what we were talking about.  So she brought us onion ring sauce (which was good...but not the same.)  Is Fry Sauce a thing of the west?  I know they have it in Washington.  And I know they have it in Utah.  But she didn't have any idea what we were talking about.  Sad!  We should get fry sauce started over here.

5 comments:

  1. Fry sauce IS a thing of the west!!! Idaho has it too. It is pretty much mayo and katchup...with some salt if you want. So yes, at Red Robin not in Utah or Idaho you have to ask for a side of mayo...and then make your own! Glad someone else out there has a passion for Fry sauce like I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto. fry sauce is scarce around these parts. some places make their own but generally no one knows about that yummy stufff. i agree just mayo and ketchup- good thing is the east does have dukes mayonaise which is the best brand ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea what fry sauce was until BYU-Idaho...I don't think it is a Cali thing. Oh, and we LOVE Red Robin, too! They are sooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normal fry sauce is just mayo and ketchup but at red robin the add BBQ sauce too which is why it's sooooo good! I'm so happy for your cute family- and so relieved everything went ok. (I remember crying over breast milk that was lost while Beth was in the NICU so you are not alone!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Fry Sauce is just a west coast thing. But it should be a worldwide thing because it is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete