Monday, October 24, 2011

A week long celebration!

Steve had a break this last week from school and the timing worked out rather nicely for us. First of all, it's the week before our baby comes.  So we were able to play hard before it'll be harder to get out.  Second of all, the week ended with our anniversary.  So we got to celebrate our madly-in-love-ness all week long!  If I wasn't pregnant, we probably would've traveled somewhere like New York to celebrate...but lucky for us, we LIVE in a cool place, so we felt like tourists and vacationers and didn't even go far :)  We had a great time together.  Here are some pictures of our fun week:

Great Falls National Park---It's BEAUTIFUL there!  It actually reminded us a lot of our honeymoon in McCall Idaho...romantic, eh!

Isn't that a cool view to the other side?  The leaves were beautiful.

Handsome man in a beautiful wilderness...I am one LUCKY girl!

More of that pretty park!

Taking a break for the prego lady on top of a rock

Being tourists in DC and eating a hotdog


My favorite memorial--The Lincoln Memorial.  I look like I'm going to pop...

IMAX theater at the Musuem of Natural History (one of my favorites of all the museums)

Steve brought me these pretty things :)  I love them!  I wish flowers lived forever.

In Old Town Alexandria!  We ate lunch, then explored.  There's a lot to do there, so we're going back someday.

Sunday dinner on our happy day!  Our first roast ...it was awesome! And of course some crystal light...our favorite.


I'm so sad we didn't get a picture of the cake I made for Steve.  I'm not the most amazing cook or anything, but this was AWESOME.  German chocolate bundt cake with hot fudge topping.  (Super easy recipe and tastes SO GOOD!)  The camera died before I got a picture of Steve enjoying his 4th piece of cake :)

So there you have it!  A super fun week for us.  I feel so lucky to be married to such a cool person like Steve.  We totally feel made for each other and are so glad we got married.  And now here we are one year later about to have a baby.  This next year of marriage will be exciting and adventurous for us! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! Glad you got one last celebration in before your lives change. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete