Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween a few days early...


We were so happy that our ward Halloween party was a few days before Halloween so we could go.  I've always loved dressing up, but never been good at creating the best costumes. Who knows how many Octobers I'll have a very ripe baby inside of me, so we had to take advantage of dressing up! So we dressed up like soccer players and the baby is a soccer ball (Hopefully you can tell from the picture...) And I think Steve looks very attractive in that outfit! FYI, the soccer ball design is way hard to draw!  I spent a good few hours trying to get it perfect and if you look closely at the shirt, you'll see LOTS of pencil marks going in every direction.  But I finally did get to at least look somewhat soccerballish.  Steve's brother, Dave, thinks we should make these shirts with all different sports and sell them.  It would be the sporty maternity look.  I think it'd be a good idea...maybe we'll get rich from it!
I really need to practice my "tough girl" face....

It was a really fun party and an awesome turn out from the ward.  I wish I had taken more pictures of some of the cute costumes we saw.  Our nieces were adorable little bugs :)  Hallie as a butterfly and Annie a sweet little love bug.  We love those girls. The activities were pretty fun as well.  We were wishing we had a child already to take around trunk or treating because we know we're too old...but we wanted some candy!  Thanks to Nikki...she snuck us some candy from Hallie's bag.  Did I feel guilty?...yes.  But did I take it anyway?...yes.  My poor children will never get to eat all their halloween candy because I love it too much :)

2 comments: