Friday, July 15, 2011

Canada Trip

We just had a blast in Whistler, Canada with Kirsten and Mike :)  I love those 2!  Steve and I flew into Seattle and then drove with them up there.  It was fun to spend a whole week playing!  So just to report...all the pictures are in an album on facebook, but I'll add some here too :)

Day 1--Drive, grocery shop, and Barbecue!  Of course the boys picked out the fanciest, biggest steaks they could find.  They did a fine job BBQ-ing, it was delicious!

Day 2--Explore Whistler, Swim at Lost Lake, Eat at fun restaurant (Kirsten and I ate Lamb Shank...it was amazingly good)




Day 3-- ATV/Jeep tours up to the top of the mountain where we ate a yummy waffle breakfast, saw bears, ate awesome pizza, got a free salad, zip trek, bike ride (busy day :))



They didn't allow me, pregnant lady, to ride the ATV's, so we went on the jeep tour.  It turned out to be pretty cool :)

Ziplining through the forest is another activity NOT for pregnant ladies.  I was pretty bummed.  I'm going to go back and do it someday because it looked so fun.  But the boys loved it, and Kirsten and I rented some bikes and found some cool paths through the forest.



 Day 4--Canoeing on the lake, Visit Nita Lake (I think it's named after me :)), Peak to Peak Gondola ride with whole hog barbecue at the top.  It was awesome :)


Snow in the summertime is just so romantic....we couldn't help it :)

And neither could these guys :)


Day 5-- Drive to Tri-cities to pick up the boys and see the family

Day 6--Sunday--relax and enjoy the Sabbath!

Day 7--Monday--return to Seattle, Pike's Place Market, picnic at the park by the lake



Overall, it was a super fun trip.  It was nice to spend some time with Kirsten and Mike before we move out to DC.  They are awesome people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment