Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Mother's Day

This blog is for both of us, but I like to use it mostly to brag about how awesome Steve is :)  I love him and he is so good to me.  This was our first mother's day together and it's fun since we have a little baby coming in November.  One of my more selfish fears about having a baby is that I'll lose my love for sports...or maybe not that I'll lose the love, but that my body just won't be able to handle it and my new responsibilities won't let me have time to play sports.  Being active with whatever sport has always been my thing--several intramurals a semester, running, random racquetball or tennis games, pick-up bball, football, or soccer at family reunions...there's so much!  Well we've been wanting to add a softball to sports bucket we have in the back so we can play catch. So he gave me some softballs with a sweet note about his commitment to me and his commitment to help me so I can keep the athleticism as part of my life and a part of our children's lives. Sweet boy huh?  I loved it and I love him.  I hope every girl out there finds a man like Steve Merrill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment