Sunday, February 3, 2013

Our "NEW" apartment

So, we've been having trouble with Nate's sleeping since...he was born.  And we've tried some things and finally we decided that the closet just wasn't the place for him (it really is big though...I promise we didn't cram him into a creepy little closet.)  Since we live in a one bedroom apartment, we just decided to make it a two bedroom with a bit of creativity.  We moved our bed to the dining room and made a wall with a big bookcase.  We moved the dining room table into the living room.  Sounds crazy, right?  Let me show you pictures because it actually turned out AWESOME :)

 Here is the double bookcase that we got from craigslist (amazing find!)  The lady bought it for $500 and it's still in perfect condition, not even a scratch! And we got it for FREE! See that fan back there?  That was over our table, but now it's above our bed. So our bedroom is a bit crowded, but not that bad at all. I LOVE the bookcase.

See.  Plenty of space on both sides :)

Sorry it's a bit messy with coats, shoes, and chairs...we haven't done our clean up before bed yet...
But this is our new living room.  I still need to place the pictures in new places, they don't really match the positioning of our furniture anymore.

And here is our dining room (I just turned around from the previous picture, it's all just one big room)

Isn't it lovely?  I really like it, more than I thought I would.  And the best part of it is that Nate has been sleeping from 8-7:30, without waking up in the middle of night.  Miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment