Saturday, January 29, 2011

8:00 church

So...this was a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to remember it :) Our building is a double chapel so there are a lot of meetings going on there. Some start on the hour, others start on the half hour. So over Christmas break we combined with another ward and they made it VERY clear that church started at 8:30, not the usual 8:00. Well, new semester...new year...I was thinking this was our new time...haha. So Sunday morning we wake up and I get in the shower and when I get out Steve's all ready for church. I thought, "Gosh, that was quick, he's ready to go" It's probably 7:55 at this point. So Steve sits on the couch scriptures in hand and all. And i'm drying my hair, picking out my clothes, putting my make up on, and even decide to curl my hair :) So I'm thinking that I'm doing such a good job getting ready quickly and Steve is over there thinking..."She's curling her hair????!" What a good patient husband he is. So as we're walking to church we somehow figured out what happened. We got to church at 8:25...right on time in my mind. We had a good laugh about it. It was a good learning experience :) I'm grateful I have a patient husband who didn't get after me for doing something I thought I was doing right :) So...just so you know...the 60th ward time does not change with the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment